27.12.12

Spock Predicts Provo

Ok, after the style of Mark Does Stuff I'm going to put down some predictions about things that will happen to me while I am down here. some will be crazy, actually all of them will be crazy. Maybe some of them will be realistic, I guess we'll see. I'll revisit this post in like august or something whenever I'm about to go on my mission and we'll tally things up:

  • Every day when I come home from class I will go straight into my room and not come out until I have to go to class again the next day, thus never getting to know my roomates at all. 
  • On the very first day of Old Norse I will fail out of the class because I don't know another Scandinavian language/Classical Latin
  • I will do really well in Old Norse until it's too late to drop the class and then it will suddenly get insanely difficult and I will fail.
  • someone will try to ask me on a date in one of the following ways/places (all based on true experiences):
    • empty parking lot late at night
    • after having awkwardly followed me around all church/class
    • trying to corner me just as I'm leaving in the hopes that by having the element of surprise I will be more likely to say yes (I won't)
    • at the end of class/church when the room is almost empty
  • I will not like provo at all and it will traumatize me about not living at my parents' home and I will become the proverbial 40 year old living in mom's basement
  • I will get into a VERBAL ALTERCATION with someone over politics
  • Every time I see someone wearing BYU clothes I will think up some biting remark only to censor myself for obvious reasons until one fateful day I will somehow let some purile comment slip and then whoops three hour rant about BYU apparel/sports fans
  • someone from salt lake will come and make a surprise visit at the most inconvenient time imaginable
  • I will live in the provo library but never set foot in the HBLL
  • vice versa of that last one
  • I will get into a fist fight over Mitt Romney
  • I will lose said fist fight, but win the argument
  • somehow I won't be able to transfer my AP English credit and have to take freshman writing......when I'm a senior
  • I will get lost/trapped in the HFAC basement for from somewhere between three hours and a week
ok that's all I got. tune in next time for moving insanity!

No comments:

Post a Comment