9.6.13

LOOK AT THIS GIANT SPIDER IN MY ROOM 2: Spider's Revenge (alt subtitle: This Time it's Personal)

go read the first post about this first and then read this one.

OK SO LAST NIGHT I AM GOING TO BED. It's like 3 am, as you do when you're in college and your animation application is due next week. I am sitting writing in my journal about how good a day it was (for real, yesterday was mad productive, I got a ton of work done on my lego that I'm redoing and I did three pages of my sketchbook in like two hours and generally things were going well) WHEN OUT FROM THE SHADOW OF MY PILLOW THAT SPIDER COMES BACK AND THEN IT CRAWLS ALL UP ON MY SHOULDER.

how did I know it was the same spider? How could I forget. also don't even try to suggest to me that there is MORE THAN ONE OF THESE IN MY ROOM AND THEY LOOK EXACTLY THE SAME AND THEY HAVE THE SAME MONOMANIACAL DRIVE TO GIVE ME ARACHNOPHOBIA.

I am freaking out and like standing up on my bed and like jumping a little bit and I get off and am like what do I do I can't even sleep there again IT WAS IN MY PILLOW.

So obviously I start googling, as one does. I remembered seeing a little while ago that vinegar was a good spider repellant and who just happens to have a spray bottle of vinegar. Of course I do. So in  the time it took me to google all that information to make sure it was in fact vinegar and not like.... I don't know what else it could honestly be, THE SPIDER IS BACK AND AT IT AGAIN. I'm like spraying down my pillow and as I pull it off GUESS WHO IT IS.

So this loser is scuttling around my wall just like the night before and I am OVER IT. I grab an empty can I happened to have from eating Chicken noodle soup earlier that day (recycling saved my life right here) and I GET THAT MOFO. I know, from last night's parkour fiasco, that at the first sign of weakness this spider will escape! Unfortunately, I'm nowhere near any paper. I finally am able to grab an envelope and I'm like "yes finally it is finished" BUT THE ENVELOPE IS TOO FLIMSY AND THE SPIDER GETS OUT. this is me:
ok so I am 100000000% done at the point. I grab the can I dropped. The Spider is on the floor. The lid from the can comes out of the can and falls on the spider AND IN MY PRIMEVAL PANIC I JUST START SMASHING WITH THE CAN AND MAYBE I ALSO SCREAMED A LITTLE BIT.
me last night
The spider carcass is still there because I don't want to touch it. here are some snapchats documenting the whole ordeal
I would have let you live, but you left me no choice.
I hope you burn in spider hell

No comments:

Post a Comment