1.6.13

InaOak Citypriate

well howdy do there friends. It sure has been a while! I think it's high time I regale you with tales of my recent activities. You'll have to speak with me in person if you want to know more about my brief stint as a lifeguard of the Provo pool, but I will tell you on this blog all about 1) animation application aaaaaaaaa and 2) the magic of my ancestral homeland and the Edward Partridge Memorial Day Breakfast. Let's start with Amination.

Today I think I finished my 2D animation in a way that is suitable for my application! It porbably still needs some tweaking, but so be it. Here's a video compilation of all the animation I've done by hand that I happened to have kept. Also, DID YOU KNOW YOU CAN ADD MUSIC TO YOUTUBE VIDEOS. I picked the best song ever.

Here is the final version of my Flour Sack that I'm going to submit


 My sketchbook is a source of permanent terror. I am like always behind in it. I hope that this will get better now that I don't have a job, but I guess we'll see. My 3D is coming along, my figure drawings are a mess.

ok enough about animation, let's talk about the best family reunion of all time. Last weekend, the fam fam and I went down to Oak City, Utah, the place of my father's birth (in a green house, because in those days they hadn't invented hospitals yet). Here are some pics from my phone
my brother everyone
This is Ben holding a baby. in the background is my other brother, Marshall
on Saturday Joseph and I went back to the hotel to watch Star Trek and this happened.
Every Sunday night there is THE EXACT SAME TALENT SHOW. that's what family tradition is all about. It actually wasn't the exact same because I didn't sing like I usually do (I am ok with this.) but otherwise we had the good old staples of On the Road to Mandalay, Wishy Washy Soap, blowing out the candle (weirdo international version idek), Bessie had a cow (pictured above) AND SO MUCH MORE!!!!
 Now I must tell of my Aunt Lisa (she's really my cousin, but my family is weird and she's basically my aunt anyway). She is pretty much the coolest person ever. She's a real dynamite gal. Anyway, I can't type. Lisa is the person who organizes everything every year and also she is not afraid to call it like it is.  She once KO'd a girl by hitting her in the head with a hairbrush. You don't mess with aunt Lisa. Once last year, Indy came with us and when she met Lisa, Lisa was like "And where do you hail from?" thinking Indy was another family member she hadn't met yet (which, given the size of our family, is not that absurd). Indy's reply was, of course, "uh.... Norway?"

Here are some pictures of my dad and his friends!!!!
this is my dad and his friend, Winston. They got up to some MAD SHENANIGANS when they were kids. My (actual) Aunt Mary (pictured, middle) said that they made her life miserable. Once my dad and Winston crashed a plane in a sunflower field outside Oak City. My dad does not like Winston's wife and makes my mom talk to her. Winston and my dad are cousins on his mom's side. Winston and my dad is Indy and me in about 70 years.
This is my dad and his friend Reese (I am probably spelling that right). Dad was telling me all about Reese and his convo, but I can't remember it right now. I'm pretty sure they are cousins too. Also note that awesome hat my dad is wearing in this pic.
This picture was taken during the DANCE!! that we have every saturday at the reunion. I also remembered why I started talking about Lisa. She came up to us (Abigail, our niece Carly, and me) on friday and was like "some of the boys over at the basketball court were like 'Hey Lisa we hear you have a bunch of HOT COUSINS coming into town today, you should send them to the bball court!' and I told them 'I'm not sending them over to the basketball courts, IF YOU WANT TO MEET THEM YOU BETTER COME TO THE DANCE TOMORROW'" and I can only imagine she snapped her fingers in a Z formation and drove away on her ATV.

Anyway, the dance is when ALL THE LOCALS COME OUT OF THE WOODWORK AND DO THE SQUARE DANCE AND IT'S INCREDIBLE. The thing about all the Oak City teens is that they are all like at least a year behind fashion or like fifty years, depending on the kid, but either way, we're all probably too related to each other to actually get married so I'm not sure why any of them are interested (Oak City is like mini-Iceland. Oak City is the reason I am my own fifth cousin. twice.) Here are some videos of Ben and Jojo getting up to trouble.

Finally, on the last day, memorial day, we have the memorial day breakfast, in honor of Edward Partridge, first bishop of the LDS church and father of two of our collective grandmothers, who also were married to the same guy, Amasa Mason. When Trek rolls around, Joseph is going to be Amasa, I'm going to make Abigail come and be one of the partridge sisters and I will be the other one and it will be super weird. the end.

At the breakfast, there are three main staples: Sour Dough Pancakes, eggs over easy and ham. To drink you have milk freshly juiced from the cow and tang. That's right, TANG. Last year Indy and I were in charge of making sure there was enough milk and tang put out and we came up with a little diddy based on a line from an infamous Black Eyed Peas song that goes a little something like this: "Fill up my cup (TANG), mazel tov (L'Milk!)"
jojibobo during the breakfast. He had bathroom duty, along with Abigail and Carly. That's what happens when you don't sign up quick!!
ok this blog post has been far too long, here's a kiss goodbye and I will probably write again after I've submitted my application to the program!!
I wore last year's reunion shirt under my brighton jacket and this happened.
outside Mike's Taxidermy, one of the two stores in Oak City.

1 comment: