6.2.13

ParaMormon

sometimes BYU can be a spooky place. Also sometimes my apartment. In fact on a regular basis I hear some scary noises that are probably just the apartment upstairs flushing the toilet. I also sometimes flinch REALLY HARD when one of my roommates opens her door. But as I've already established, (pre)Animation majors are easily frightened by loud noises! (evidence: in my figure drawing for animators if someone puts away a drawing horse too loudly everyone is like "AH WAHT WAS THAT" we are a really jumpy bunch).

Well anyway, what I really want to talk about is how there are sometimes some creepin' things that happen on campus. Mostly at the HFAC, which I'm pretty sure it haunted. like 79% certain of this. Also this sign:
good thing I only ever walk in this area alone after dark.
I can only hope that the reason for this sign is wild cougar attack. Honestly though, campus in general isn't that freaky and this particular spot really isn't that much creepier. Try sitting outside West High at 9 o'clock waiting for your mom to come pick you up then talk to me about how scary walking around byu at night is.

Also I showed my parents that picture and my dad gave me a whistle to take around with me. Ever since, every time I talk to my dad he asks about this sign/area of campus.

Anyway, HFAC. Every Týr's day and Þórrs day I have figure drawing for animators at 7 and at least 7 times each class period there's the weirdest noise that we ALWAYS hear. It starts out like a man sighing and then turns into like water screeching through a pipe sound. That doesn't sound like it's THAT creepy except that EVERY TIME IT STARTS SO QUIET AND IT SOUNDS LIKE SOMEONE IN THE CLASS SIGHING AND NOOOOOPE. There are a few plausible explanations:

  1. Phantom of the Opera
  2. Granny Face
  3. Basilisk (lending further credibility to the "HFAC=Hogwarts" theory detailed elsewhere)
  4. ghost of rejected preanimation students
  5. some sort of artsy poltergeist
  6. theatre students
  7. film students
  8. performance art
I'll leave that for you to decide.


UPDATE:
I forgot about this bathroom on the fifth floor of the HFAC that is the freakiest
secret entrance to the Phantom's lair, y/y?

No comments:

Post a Comment