16.10.13

My Provocative Daycation

yes that's right kids last week I went to Provo and as such, must memorialize it on this, my blog about provo.

I got up bright and early and drove down with my friend Emily who had to go to some conference on religious freedom. As we passed from the salt lake valley into happy valley the sun punched us in the eyes.

Anyway we go to provo and went our separate ways and went to the good old Wilk to grab some b-fast. Immediately I was strongly aware of what a weird place provo is.
In the time that I ate my breakfast, not only did Hit Me Baby One More Time by Britney Spears play, but I saw some guy say a prayer over his subway sandwich. Also shout out to the guy watching general conference in the fullscreen view.

Like the thing I forgot about Provo or that I didn't notice when I first moved down because I was worrying about getting moved in/dealing with my depressive episode was that Provo is just straight up bizarre. Being away in the real world for a few months and then going back just kind of threw it into sharp relief how strange everything is there. Like everything is just weird. I can't explain it. You'd have to go to provo yourself and check it out.
Anyway, after breakfast I met up with my friend Pine and we wandered all over tha place!! Another thing about provo is that because it's provo there's like not that much exciting to do, but like there's still a college campus so you find something. We all wish the bean museum were open so we could look at taxidermy animals, but I guess that'll just have to wait until I get back. So instead of that we went and checked out the ultra babby MUSEUM OF PEOPLES AND CULTURES. It's a building that's not even on campus. It's pretty cool though. We went and there were two exhibits: guatemalan/Mayan textiles and some cool latin american masks. The guatemalan part I was like "is this museum actually my house" because we have a bunch of huipils and those little dolls and what have you. Anyway we finished looking at that in like ten minutes. It's a tiny museum. but I recommend it! it's free!!

After that we went and met up with my friend Mike and we wandered around and then went to the HFAC and looked at weird art and seriously spent like 20 minutes looking at this one video...art??? (is that a thing) of like a mountain scene and there was a guy walking around in it but going way slowly like weeping angel status and it was out of control and we were mesmerized (I wish I could find it on the DVA site so you could look at it too but I cannot). After that Pine had to go to class and then Mike and I got some ice cream and he was brave and got the pumpkin kind and it tasted like PUMPKIN PIE HOW IS THAT EVEN POSSIBLE. and yet it was.

After that we get to the answer to the question posed in those two snapchats above. Why was I here? Why had I come to provo? The answer is that I had to talk to one of my animation professors how to function with my life. I totally psyched myself out as I do but then we talked and it was way chill and he gave me some good advice.

After that I went with Mike to a couple of his classes! We went to doctrine and covenants which was alright aND THEN WE WENT TO ART HISTORY AND IT WAS INCREDIBLE. oh my gosh I need to take an art history classes five years ago. and this post is so much text sorry friends next time I'll probably just post a million snapchats. SPOCK OUT

No comments:

Post a Comment